How to track requests
The status of requests can be tracked at any time, using the following methods:
- Add-on administrators have the ability to track the status of requests via their Dashboard. To access the Dashboard, open any Google Form, open the add-on, click Settings, then click Dashboard. From the Dashboard, click the My Forms tab, then locate and select the relevant form. This will route you to a tracking page designed for the administrator, allowing you to track requests, view form submission details, send reminders, amend recipients, resend past notifications and cancel requests.
- Add-on administrators (and anyone with access to the spreadsheet linked
to the Google Form) also have the ability to:
- review the status of all requests in the Detailed Approval Records sheet. The add-on will record detailed information related to each request like the recipient email address, issue date, status of their response, response date, and any comment left by the recipient.
- review the status of all requests in the Form Responses sheet. The add-on will record the Request # and Overall Status on the right hand side of form response data.
- Requestors have the ability to track the status of requests via email notifications they receive. The request number at the top of email notifications is hyperlinked allowing requestors to track the status of their request at any time during the workflow process.
- Recipients also have the ability to track the status of requests via email notifications they receive also using the hyperlinked request number at the top of email notifications.
- When on our Team plan, Recipients can also track the status of requests via the Recipient tracking page. For details on the Recipient tracking page, refer to this support article.
Understanding the statuses recorded by the add-on
The add-on records two types of statuses:
Overall Status: the status of the request as a whole. The Overall Status may be one of the following:
- In progress - the request is awaiting the response of one or more recipients.
- Complete - the request has been completed by all recipients.
- Declined - the request was declined by a recipient.
- More info requested - more information was requested by a recipient.
- Cancelled - the request was cancelled by the Requestor or the Administrator.
Recipient Status: the status of each individual recipient. The Recipient Status may be one of
the following, depending on the role of your recipient.
- Current - the request is currently awaiting the response of this recipient.
- Waiting - the recipient is waiting for one or more previous recipients to respond before it will be sent to them for approval. This status is only applicable when you have set up your workflow to be a multi-level process.
- Approved - the request was approved by this recipient.
- Declined - the request was declined by this recipient
- More info requested - more information was requested by this recipient.
- Recommended - the request was recommended by this recipient.
- Not Recommended - the request was not recommended by this recipient.
- Acknowledged - the request was acknowledged by this recipient.
- Edited - the request was edited by this recipient.
- Actioned - the request was actioned by this recipient.
Approval records and application settings
Approval records and application settings will be automatically stored in your linked spreadsheet. This gives you total control over your data and allows you to report, analyse or even perform more advanced functions like connect with other systems or processes.
A sheet named Form Responses 1 will be automatically created by Google Forms in your linked spreadsheet. This sheet will store all form responses received on your form.
A sheet named Settings [Form:XYZ] will be automatically created by the add-on in your linked spreadsheet. This sheet will store most settings you save within the application.
A sheet named Detailed Approval Records [Form:XYZ] will be automatically created by the add-on in your linked spreadsheet. This sheet will store all approval records relating to the application. Note, this sheet contains privileged information that should not be shared with requestors or recipients.
XYZ represents the ID of the Form the sheet relates to.
DO NOT sort, edit, or modify the data in any sheet. The add-on relies on the data to operate.
DO NOT re-link your Google Form to a new spreadsheet.The add-on will read and write to these sheets each time you or your recipients use the application, so be careful not to modify the data. To track requests or amend recipients, we recommend use the admin tracking page. To perform analysis, we recommend using formulas from other sheets, or duplicating the sheets.