What's new Installing the add-on Adding recipients Setting receiving order Adding recipient logic Other recipient settings Personalize notifications File upload questions Tracking requests Approving requests Team plan features Troubleshooting
How to track requests
The status of requests can be tracked at any time, using the following methods:
- Requestors have the ability to track the status of requests via email notifications they receive. The request number at the top of email notifications is hyperlinked allowing requestors to track the status of their request at any time during the workflow process.
- Recipients also have the ability to track the status of requests via email notifications they receive also using the hyperlinked request number at the top of email notifications.
- When on our Team plan, Recipients can also track the status of requests via the Recipient Portal. The Recipient Portal provides a convenient way for recipients to track the status of requests they are party to (including the ability to filter those pending their approval and approve / decline directly from our website). Recipients must have a Google account to use this portal. Admins can share this URL with their recipients. Note, each Google Form has a unique Recipient Portal URL.
- Add-on administrators have the ability to track the status of requests via the Admin Portal. To access the Admin Portal, open the add-on > click 'Settings' > then click 'Admin Portal'. The Admin Portal gives you the ability to send reminders, amend recipients, and resend notifications across all recent requests.
- Add-on administrators (and anyone with access to the spreadsheet linked
Google Form) also have the ability to:
- review the status of all requests in the Detailed Approval Records sheet. The add-on will record detailed information related to each request like the recipient email address, issue date, status of their response, response date, and any comment left by the recipient. See below for more information on the Detailed Approval Records and Settings sheets.
- review the status of all requests in the Form Responses sheet. The add-on will record the Request # and Overall Status on the right hand side of form response data.
Understanding the statuses recorded by the add-on
The add-on records two types of statuses:
Overall Status: the status of the request as a whole. The Overall Status may be one of the following:
- In progress - the request is awaiting the response of one or more recipients.
- Complete - the request has been completed by all recipients.
- Declined - the request was declined by a recipient.
- More info requested - more information was requested by a recipient.
- Cancelled - the request was cancelled by the Requestor or the Administrator.
Recipient Status: the status of each individual recipient. The Recipient Status may be one of
the following based on the role of the recipient.
- Current - the request is currently awaiting the response of this recipient.
- Waiting - the recipient is waiting for one or more previous recipients to respond before it will be sent to them for approval. This status is only applicable when you have set up your workflow to be a multi-level process.
- Approved - the request was approved by this recipient.
- Declined - the request was declined by this recipient
- More info requested - more information was requested by this recipient.
- Recommended - the request was recommended by this recipient.
- Not Recommended - the request was not recommended by this recipient.
- Acknowledged - the request was acknowledged by this recipient.
- Edited - the request was edited by this recipient with additional information.
- Actioned - the request was actioned by this recipient.
Approval records and application settingsApproval records and application settings will be automatically stored in your linked spreadsheet. This gives you total control over your data and allows you to report, analyse or even perform more advanced functions like connect with other systems or processes.
A sheet named Form Responses 1 will be automatically created by Google Forms in your linked spreadsheet. This sheet will store all form responses received on your form.
A sheet named Settings [Form:XYZ] will be automatically created by the add-on in your linked spreadsheet. This sheet will store most settings you save within the application.
A sheet named Detailed Approval Records [Form:XYZ] will be automatically created by the add-on in your linked spreadsheet. This sheet will store all approval records relating to the application. Note, this sheet contains privileged information that should not be shared with requestors or recipients.
XYZ represents the ID of the Form the sheet relates to.
DO NOT sort, edit, or modify the data in any sheet. The add-on relies on the data to operate.
DO NOT re-link your Google Form to a new spreadsheet.The add-on will read and write to these sheets each time you or your recipients use the application, so be careful not to modify the data. To perform analysis we recommend always duplicating the sheet(s).