1. Why is my information needed?The Service is web based and is therefore required to store a small amount of information about you, your usage, and metadata associated with your form and spreadsheet.
2. What information does Form Approvals gather/track and how is it used?
PERSONAL INFORMATION: The only personal information we store is the add-on administrator's email address. Upgrading to a paid plan requires us to also collect billing and payment information via one of our PCI compliant payment processing partners such as Stripe. We do not store your form response data and we do not store your approval records. Your form response data is stored by Google in your spreadsheet as part of normal Google Forms functionality. We add the approval records to the same spreadsheet and access the information from the spreadsheet using the authorization that you provide to the service. Further details about the add-on's authorization can be found on our Security Overview.
BUSINESS INFORMATION: The application stores file metadata (e.g your Google Form Id and Google Sheet Id) to be able to process the information received from workflow participants.
SECURITY INFORMATION: Form Approvals may collect certain standard information about your computer for security and identification purposes. This information may include: IP addresses, domain names, access times, cookies and other unique identifying information. This information is used for the operation of the service, to identify and protect our customers and to control unauthorized use or abuse of our services.
We will not view any of your information except as necessary to appropriately support the service, for the purpose of anticipating, diagnosing, supporting or resolving any problems that might limit or disrupt the quality of our customers’ service experience or as required by law.
3. With whom does Form Approvals share the information?Ensuring your privacy is important to us. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. Form Approvals products and services by necessity require us to provide some of your information to third parties. Examples include processing credit card payments (if applicable) and sending email (if you choose to have emails sent from our domain). They may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions and may not use it for any other purpose. Form Approvals does not control the practices of our affiliates. If you have questions about how affiliates use the information gathered when you link to them, please read their privacy policies.
4. How does Form Approvals protect my information from loss, misuse or alteration?
Form Approvals has implemented commercially reasonable precautions designed to protect the web sites and applications it hosts and the information it collects from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we store as little information as possible, we cryptographically hash personal information where possible, and we logically separate all user's data.
Since Google Forms stores all form responses in the Google Sheet that is linked to your form and Form Approvals adds all approval records in the same spreadsheet, we strongly recommend that at least two people in your organization have access to this spreadsheet and that ownership is transferred to a new user if the current owner's account is ever planned to be deleted. In the interest of your privacy, we do not store a backup of this data.
5. Does Form Approvals comply with Google's policies?Form Approvals has been through several reviews by Google and is subject to ongoing reviews each time a change is made to the application or a change is made to the authorizations used. The application has been through Google's OAuth Client Verification review and Add-on review. In addition, we maintain strict compliance with Google API Services: User Data Policy and Google APIs Terms of Service.
6. Does Form Approvals comply with other data privacy legislation?Form Approvals has reviewed and is in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). As a service provider to a large number of educational institutions, we have designed the application to store minimal data and maintain strict compliance with the legislations on data that is processed by the application.
7. How long does Form Approvals retain data?Form Approvals retains data while your account is active or until you ask us to delete the data. An account is deemed to be inactive when there are no form responses processed by the add-on for 12 months. We do not delete data from your Google Form or Google Sheet.
8. Can I stop the add-on accessing my data?By toggling the add-on OFF on each of your forms, the add-on will no longer run when new form submissions are made. In addition, you can remove the add-on's authorization to your account at any time via Google's third party app permissions page. By removing the authorization the add-on will no longer be able to access your files and therefore will prevent any of your users from using the add-on (including your requestors and recipients).
9. Can I request that my data is deleted?
In accordance with GDPR, CCPA and other global legislation you have a 'right to be forgotten'. If you wish to cancel your account and have all your data removed, follow these steps in the order provided:
- On each of your forms, open the add-on > click the question mark icon (in the bottom right corner) > click Restore defaults > then click the Restore defaults button. This will disable the add-on and delete all add-on settings data from your form (e.g recipient email addresses). We cannot perform this step for you.
- Remove the add-on's authorization to your account via Google's third party app permissions page; and
- Contact email@example.com: i) providing the email address of the user(s) that configured the add-on; ii) confirming you have already followed the above steps; and iii) confirming that you no longer intend on using the add-on and want all data stored outside of your G Suite files deleted.
Note, all form responses and approval records are stored within your spreadsheet and therefore are not able to be deleted by us, but can be deleted by you at any time.