How do I change the administrator?
Add-ons are activated on an individual user's account. Therefore, to change the add-on
administrator, you need to deactivate the add-on from your account and activate it on
the new administrator's account. Also, you need to make sure the new administrator has
access to all files associated with your form.
Deactivating the add-on:
- Sign out of all Google accounts
- Sign back in with the original account that set up the add-on
- Open your Google Form(s), then open the add-on
- Click Settings, then click Account, then toggle the add-on OFF
Reactivating the add-on:
- Ask the new administrator to sign out of their Google accounts also
- Sign in with new add-on administrator account
- If this is the first time using Form Approvals, install the add-on.
- Open the Google Form(s), then open the add-on.
- Click Settings, then click Account, then toggle the add-on ON
Transferring file ownership:
- Give the new administrator owner level access to your Google Form
Give the new administrator owner level access to the Google Sheet that
is linked to your form
- If you have a File Upload question in your form, give the new administrator
owner level access to the folder which captures file uploads.
Note, in all cases we recommend giving the admin user owner
level access since
editor level access will be problematic if the owner's account is ever closed.
The above process needs to be done on each form that is connected to the add-on.
Please note, the Form Approvals support team cannot transfer file ownership for
you since we do not have access to any of your files.
Ownership cannot be
transferred if you have reached your quota for the month.
Always ensure you are signed
in with only one Google account when using Google add-ons. Opening add-ons when logged into
multiple accounts can cause unexpected results.
If you have purchased an Individual plan subscription using the original add-on
administrator's account, once you have performed the above steps email
firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the old and new email addresses, asking
for the subscription to be transferred.
If you have purchased a Team plan subscription, head to our subscription page and
make sure the new administrator's email address is listed as an Admin user on your
Team subscription. Admin users can be added or removed directly from our subscription
page by the person who originally purchased the subscription.